EFFECTING CHANGE THROUGH POSITIVE CONTACT
The vibrant Midmar Group organically developed over the past 20 years to provide a respected value chain of construction and building materials that offers the opportunity to be your building materials solution from start to finish. Midmar Group consists of the following five companies.
Our Five Companies:
Suppliers of quality quarry aggregate to the Midlands and surrounding area that has been in operation since 1996.
Suppliers of wholesale blocks and concrete products to the local community and contractors in KwaZulu-Natal.
A building materials trade depot supplying Mpophomeni, Howick and Merrivale communities, as well as the surrounding areas.
This quarry has reserves in excess of 80 years and is positioned near Taylors Halt in Pietermaritzburg. The quarry produces high-quality aggregates for building and construction.
Get a Quote For Your Project
Your Building Materials Solution from Start to Finish
Midmar Group achieves this through the value chain that begins with our quarry at Midmar Crushers, to the manufacturing of high quality concrete products at our Midmar Concrete Products yard, to finally providing customers with the best in building materials supplies at our trade depot Midmar Building Supplies.
Along with this value chain are two additional companies. Malleo Equipment specialises in providing hydraulic hammers and specialist attachments nationally, and Taylors Halt Quarry that is situated near Edendale in Pietermaritzburg.
The Midmar Group aims to make a significant and meaningful contribution to society by focusing on providing our customers with solutions to improving their businesses and their lives.
The company vision of ‘Effecting change through positive contact’ in all we do ensures our people maintain a greater sense of purpose.
We do not sell products…we sell a realisation of a better future.
Midmar Group aims to improve our community by being solutions focused to the people we serve. We aim to enhance our value chain by creating and managing the best strategies tailored for each of our companies, in order to provide our customers and communities with real solutions and quality products at affordable rates that result in financially successful and sustainable businesses.
Focus on solutions
Take ownership of work
Act with integrity
Sense of belonging
Respect for all individuals and the environment
To provide our customers with products and services that satisfy their building needs from start to finish by utilising our value chain of companies.
Products and Services
Quarry Aggregates: Midmar Crushers and Taylors Halt Quarry
Concrete Products: Midmar Concrete Products
Hardware and Building Supplies: Midmar Building Supplies
Hydraulic Hammers, Specialist Attachments and Imported Moils: Malleo Equipment
Make a significant and meaningful contribution to society by focusing on providing our customers with solutions to improving their businesses and their lives.
- Develop Midmar Group into the preferred provider of construction and building materials, in KZN Midlands, by providing a full range of quality, well priced products and a service model that provides real solutions to improving lives.
Have a reputation for being a great place to work by hiring the best people possible and fostering a real sense of purpose and belonging in the workplace.
- Always be on the lookout for good people that can grow the business
- Have a comprehensive induction process that provide people with clear purpose
- Pay competitively and be generous where it is deserved and can be afforded.
- Have a relentless focus on the values and how they are translated into behaviour and culture.
Conduct ourselves maturely and responsibly towards the community and environment within which we operate.
- Always act within the boundaries of the law, not just because it is required but because it is part of our values.
- Work closely with communities to ensure we take into account their needs and contribute in a fair and sustainable manner.
- Do all we practically can to minimise our impact on the environment
Achieve ongoing financial success, for shareholders and employees, through consistent and sustainable growth.
- Focus on growing the core business of the supply of construction and building materials to the market in KZN Midlands
- Extend the core business through compatible new businesses such as property development
- Geographical and currency diversification to reduce dependence on construction industry through distribution type businesses beyond KZN
- Invest in other local businesses, with no operational involvement, if the opportunity makes financial sense.
Midmar Crushers Wins Aspasa's Environmental Award for 2018
Every year the Aggregate and Sand Producers Association of Southern Africa (ASPASA) awards companies that maintain a healthy and sustainable business.
Midmar Crushers recently won the About Face Environmental Award 2018. This award emphasises the following:
- Operating at a high environmental standard
- Minimizing environmental impact upon the land and people
- Operating to standards higher than those required by law
- Ensuring all employees conform to environmental policy objectives
- Responding effectively to the interests of the community.
In order to win this award, hard work and dedication have to be present in all aspects of operation on a daily basis.
Midmar Concrete Products Manufacturing Achievement
Our Midmar Concrete Products team have a lot to be proud of as the company was placed 4th overall in KwaZulu-Natal for the Fastest Growing Concrete Manufacturers in the province. The accolade was awarded to MCP by Afrisam cement and a cash prize of R3500 was allocated to the company. This money will be shared amongst the staff members for their ongoing commitment.
Midmar Building Supplies New Store Layout
The new store layout for our Building Materials Trade Depot was developed to enhance the overall shopping experience for our customers. The journey to get to where we are, as with all building projects, did require a lot of effort from our building team and staff members to ensure the best design and construction was performed. We would like to thank them for their hard work and dedication. The road to our improved retail experience also asked for a good deal of patience from our much-valued customers. We are very grateful that we got through it together and now have a well-rounded finished product. With more shelving, more space and a wider range of building materials and hardware to choose from, any building contractor or homeowner will feel right at home.